top of page

Commercial Auto


Commercial auto insurance can cover a combination of vehicle types, such as cars, trucks, vans, and buses, as well as their drivers. It provides bodily injury liability and property damage to third parties while operating a company automobile. Medical payments for the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car are also available.


Vehicle types covered by commercial auto policies include:


  • Commercial vehicles

  • Commercial trailers

  • Tractor-trailer units

  • Farm vehicles

  • Maintenance and utility vehicles

  • Private passenger vehicles

  • Church vehicles

  • School vehicles

  • Buses

  • And more . . .

Our target markets include:


  • Contractors and tradesman

  • Local trucking operations

  • Sales representatives

  • Wholesale and retail delivery

  • Farm vehicles

  • Service operations


At Martin Insurance Consultants, we work hard to understand your individual circumstances so that we can better protect your interests when writing your Commercial Auto policy. We are also happy to provide answers to your important questions like:


  • Does my wrapped vehicle need special coverage?

  • If my employee(s) run business errands in their private vehicles, does my insurance cover them?

  • Does my Commercial Auto policy cover my tools if they are stolen out of my truck?


Commercial auto insurance needs vary, with coverages for wrapped vehicles, special paint jobs, or permanently mounted equipment. Having a trusted advisor who will ask the questions you don’t know to ask, and who can help you anticipate how vehicles might be used, even if only on an “as needed basis,” can mean the difference between a claim being covered or denied.


There are many facets to Commercial Auto insurance including coverages, limits, deductibles, and which insurance companies are the best fit for you. We will work with you to devise the best possible strategy for your circumstances, then determine which of our companies will provide you the most competitive premiums.


We know and understand how important business vehicles are, and the need to have them properly covered. Accidents, theft, and vandalism can be financially devastating to your business if you don’t have the right coverage in your commercial auto policy.


Contact Martin Insurance Consultants today so we can begin helping you. We’re here to help you protect your business and your valuables.


Hired/non-owned auto liability

Are you renting autos for business use, or are your employees using their own vehicles? This particular coverage extends liability coverage to autos (excluding trailers) that are hired, leased or borrowed.

Non-owned auto liability provides liability coverage for private passenger autos, not owned by the business owner, or hired vehicles used in conjunction with his business (including autos owned by his employees).


Use of personal vehicles

Personal auto insurance policies for privately owned vehicles may not cover damage to your privately owned car, truck, or van when it is used for business. This applies to persons who have home-based businesses that sell cosmetics, jewelry, candles, etc., or who deliver pizzas, flowers and the like.


One size does not fit all.

Since every situation is unique, your insurance portfolio should consist of a unique blend of coverages, limits, deductibles, and premiums. With our individualized approach, you receive a portfolio as unique as you.


There when you need us.

Rest assured that when you have a claim, you are not alone. Not only do we counsel you about your claim, we are also your advocates. Request your free, no obligation insurance review today!


Martin Insurance Consultants also writes Commercial Auto insurance in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Illinois, North Carolina, New Mexico, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.

bottom of page